(801) 592-5777
info@wadedudley.com

Lindon

1

Established in 1850 as an outgrowth of Pleasant Grove, the settlement was originally known as Stringtown because the houses were built along a single road, State Street. An old linden tree growing in the town in 1901 inspired the current name. The spelling of the town name was changed when approval was received from the Federal Post Office for a mail drop at "Lindon." The Town of Lindon, located between the cities of Pleasant Grove and Orem, became incorporated in April of 1924. The articles of incorporation, which also described the town limits, noted that the population was "458 souls," with 169 electors. The census in 2004 showed the population of Lindon to have grown to 9410. When incorporated, Lindon encompassed approximately three and one-half square miles. In 2006, the area of the City has grown to 8.56 square miles. It appears that the Town was originally incorporated as a legal device through which it could bond to finance a culinary water system.

 
Lindon Links
Lindon City
Alpine School District
Search for Linden Real Estate
 © 2007 Agent Image, Inc. All rights reserved. | Terms | Login Design by Agent Image - Real Estate Web Site Design